help me to configur tmn

Practical things to get us going
Yizu

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Yikes nima, if you had it as bad as mine gets then i guess your game is now 100x smoother

What V-sync does is makes sure the game draws a new frame in synch with your monitor refresh rate.

Say you have a 60Hz monitor (so it draws a new frame every 1/60th of a second, new frames are drawn from top to bottom quickly) but a framerate of 80 in game. Those two do not match, so if you turn sharply you get new frames being drawn from the top of the screen that are different to the frames that are still yet to be drawn by the monitor at the bottom of the screen. This is known as 'tearing' and makes things seem much jerkier than they should be for the given framerate.

spoons

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:01 pm

ooooooooooooops
Last edited by spoons on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

.....and 18 hours after he wrote the note, tom figured out that his atempt at suicide through masturbation wasnt working.

spoons

Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:02 pm

i had this off to and always thought i just needed a better monitor :O

U just saved me 300 quid ... nice one man!

And im pretty sure the shadows off does help zec mate, From complex to minimum is a fair difference.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

.....and 18 hours after he wrote the note, tom figured out that his atempt at suicide through masturbation wasnt working.

Yizu

Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:24 am

With V-sync on your FPS will only ever be a maximum of 60 (or whatever your monitor refresh rate is). But numbers above this are meaningless.

You could have 200frames per second in counterstrike but if your monitor only refreshes 60 times per second it doesn't affect anything.

Zeca

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:50 am

well i´ve checked that box and when i boot the game started with lag... only solved when i took it of.. gonna try again tomorow with that PC2 and some changes in that advance mode.

know i´ve some clues what can be changed and were :D thanks y all!

Return to “The toolbox”

• Information