Glowing Skin while breaking!

Ace
ΛИΣ Community-Squad
ΛИΣ Community-Squad

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Hey ppz
i finaly managed to get my skins glowing while breaking.
you might know my pink skin with blue glow while breaking. it was asserichs skin which my game downloaded automaticaly and i got it from the cache folder and painted it with ingame editor in pink :D

now i know how to color every skin you want in every brake-color you want.
(note: at day the car will only glow while breaking. sunset/night will cause an always on glow which is exactly the color you painted the file i will explain. when you break it will get brightened up, will also talk about that in this post)
for that you need a program which can open and save dds files (photoshop, gimp, paint with suiting plug-ins) the basic file is the DetailsIllum.dds. you just have to open it, press "no" if the program asks you to open it with MIP maps and paint it in the color you want. the color should be darker than the color you actually want as it will lighten up during the brake-action. the alpha layer needs to stay black. then save it as an DXT5 dds (interpolared alpha) and generate MIP maps. pretty easy.
now you can add the DetailsIllum.dds to every zip-skinfolder you want. but it depends on the Details.dds which parts will glow. so for example if you take the Pink-Monster as your skin everything except the cockpit will glow. incase of our ane-skin with the paw it is only the metalparts and the inner side of the cockpit. tires wont glow because they are a spererat file.

tl;dr, now for the files:
i can give you the pink and green DetailsIllum.dds. if you want i can make other ones but could be that the color need to be adjusted because it is different ingame because of the brightened breaking. just put the detailsillum.dds in you zip folder located in:
C:\Users\XYZ\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Skins\Models\StadiumCar

pink: http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/ve6V9iUw/file.html
green (perfect for the 2014 ANE-skin with the paw): http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/VtBmRMhn/file.html

marly
"Mimimimi"
"Mimimimi"

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Awesome ace ! :D

noopz
ΛИΣ Visitor
ΛИΣ Visitor

Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:28 am

n1 n1 n1
~tonk me <3

Runaway
"Mimimimi"
"Mimimimi"

Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Yo my ANE paw car is in .gbx format.. How do I put that file in then?

Ace
ΛИΣ Community-Squad
ΛИΣ Community-Squad

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:40 am

the gbx car is the new one and i have no idea how to insert it. ive never saw a gbx file as a skin before. maybe its a method to avoid copy of the actual skin. because you cant see the files or manipulate them. i will look in www to see if there is a possibility to seperate the files

edit: ok internet says the same. its a way to secure the skin of second-editors and to be able to get some planets for it when someone wants to use it. so sorry, i cant help you with this cus theres no way to extract the files out of that gbx :(

Return to “Car Skins”

• Information